Interested In Being a Junior Camp Volunteer?
What You’ll Do
Assist with camp activities to provide a great camp experience. Assist Camp Director(s) and other Camp Volunteers with supervision of campers and by helping in other leadership capacities.
- Help supervise campers under supervision of the Camp Director(s)
- Participate in, help direct/lead, and occasionally plan daily activities
- Engage with campers as a positive role model
- Arrive on time in the camp t-shirt provided
- Help keep campers safe
- Maintain a safe environment
- Other duties that pop up!
Camp Volunteering Is Not For Wimps!
Be able to lift and carry up to about 35 lbs (or move a wheelbarrow, for example!). Engage and participate in all camper-related activities, both outdoor and indoor such as sports, games, crafts or working among animals. Be ready to be outdoors and sometimes in what may be considered extreme weather (sun, heat, rain) and in various conditions (fields, gardens, buses,etc.). Apply for just one session or more, volunteering for all eight sessions is not required.
- Junior Counselor (Supervise and lead 10-15 campers.)
- Memory Keeper (Camp photographer and video-maker.)
- Camp Aide (Our right-hand person for you-name-it!)
Is K.A.R.E. Camp For You?
- 16 years old, or older
- Enthusiastic and upbeat (you will lead and help bring out the fun!)
- Energetic team player (be active, present, and involved)
- A positive role model and leader
- 100% participation (don’t be a distractor!)
- Make friends easily
- Can survive without your phone (yep, sorry!)
- You roll with it (schedule changes don’t bother you much)
- Good listener
- You don’t mind getting a little dirty
- Previous K.A.R.E. Camper or Junior Counselor – great, but not required!